I had intended to absolutely love wearing my baby. We had three baby carriers even before my son was born, set up and ready to go. To my surprise (shock and horror), baby wearing wasn't like I thought it would be. The big wrap carriers were hard on someone as short as me and with my body type. The others hurt my back and the least painful one, well, Ethan was stuck facing me in it -- and this was not something he enjoyed doing. I was just about to disregard baby wearing as another disappointment that didn't turn out quite like I expected it to until Lillebaby sent me their Nordic carrier to try. What I loved about the Nordic carrier off the bat was that it was a six position ergonomic carrier with the capability to grow along with your child.
When I first put Ethan in the carrier, he was apprehensive about the whole endeavor. He isn't a fan of being worn due to the fact in our other carrier, he is stuck staring at my neck and being totally restricted. Once he realized he was facing outward, he immediately changed his tune. I immediately noticed a difference in the way the weight was distributed with the Nordic carrier. My back didn't hurt and despite my awkward height and body type, the carrier fit in all of the right places. Ethan was secure, snug and content facing outward and exploring the park we were walking through at the time we first tried our Nordic carrier. There was no pressure on my shoulders or back, only the feeling of the carrier fitting properly on my hips.
Like I started saying, I love that this is a six position carrier. Ethan can be worn on my chest, my back, facing forward, facing me and on my side. The hood can be lifted for privacy for a sleeping or feeding baby and there is room for the baby's feet to be tucked in as well. The fact that the carrier can do all of this while being so comfortable is pretty impressive. It really is the only carrier you'll ever need, as it is able to be altered to grow along with your baby and to fit their spine, hip and pelvis growth as they grow. Ethan was content and comfortable as he sat in a way that felt most natural and cozy to him. As he continues to grow, I like knowing that our Nordic carrier provides the option of growing with him to make being worn in it a pleasant experience for him. I'm pretty sad I wasn't able to experience the Nordic baby carrier when Ethan was a newborn, but the carrier is able to hold children up to 42 pounds which means it's with us for the long haul.
BUY IT: The Nordic carrier by lillebaby retails for $80 and can be purchased online or by locating a store near you.
Want to win a Nordic baby carrier of your own? The amazing folks at Lillebaby are offering one of my readers in the US or Canada the chance to win one! This giveaway closes on March 8th. Good luck!
MANDATORY ENTRY: Make sure your e-mail address is visible or included in your comment!
- You MUST be a follower of You Are The Roots on GFC (Google Friend Connect) to be eligible for entry!
- Leave me a comment and let me know why you'd like to win the Nordic baby carrier by lillebaby!
- Add lillebaby on Facebook and leave me a comment with your name (first name, last initial) or URL so this can be verified.
- Leave lillebaby a Facebook comment to thank them for the giveaway and leave me a comment with your name (first name, last initial) or URL so this can be verified!
- Like You Are The Roots on Facebook and leave me a comment with your name (first name, last initial) or URL so this can be verified!
- Follow You Are The Roots on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter username so this can be verified.
- Tweet the following message (can be done once a day for one entry a day) and comment with the link to the tweet: #WIN lillebaby nordic baby carrier @YATRBlog 3/8 tinyurl.com/6tyxy3k
- Vote for me on Picket Fence Blogs (look to the left to see the buttons) - counts as one entry, can be once a day. Leave me a comment to let me know you've voted!
- 2 Entries - Add You Are The Roots to your circles on Google+ and leave your name so this may be verified.
- 2 Entries - Enter another giveaway and leave a comment with which one you entered.
- 2 Entries - Share this giveaway on your Facebook (can be done once a day for one entry a day) and comment with the link!
- 5 Entries - Blog about this giveaway. Comment (one comment for each entry, 5 total) with a link to where I can find your blog entry.
- 5 Entries - Grab my button and comment (one comment for each entry, 5 total) with a link to where I can find it.
- 5 Entries - Subscribe to You Are The Roots via e-mail and comment with your e-mail address (must be confirmed!)
- 5 Entries - "Like" this picture on Facebook and leave a comment (one for each entry) with which number 'like' you are!