Ethan and I love Green Sprouts. He loves their teethers, rattles and stacking cups and I love what great, natural and safe products they produce. When Green Sprouts offered us the opportunity to try out one of their glass bottles, I jumped at the chance. Having to bottlefeed has always been a touchy subject for me and having to deal with plastic bottles never helped me feel much better. When I pictured glass bottles, I imagined them being infinitely better than plastic bottles but at the same time, I feared they'd be heavy, clunky and totally impractical. One of those things that in an ideal world would be a great idea, if only it were remotely practical -- and I was way wrong. These bottles? They're wonderful. We're officially Green Sprouts glass bottle converts.
We got to review a 9-ounce glass bottle. When I poured Ethan's milk into the bottle, I noticed a difference right away. I have issues with plastic bottles seeming grimy and dingy no matter how well you wash and care for them. There's something about glass that made it seem so much cleaner, purer and fresher. For good reason, too, as glass is the most hygienic and you don't have to worry about chemicals entering your baby's milk. I was also surprised to feel how lightweight the bottle was -- not at all heavy like I originally thought it would be. I had initially worried that the glass would be too thin and break easily while Ethan held it, however the glass is extremely thick and sturdy. The glass bottle is also resistant to thermal shock and free of BPA and PVC! iPlay and Green Sprouts were founded by a mother who wanted the best for her children and it is so apparent when you see their products.
Green Sprouts also sent us their bottle cover:
Ethan is now a little over 6 months old and while he's mastered the sippy cup, he's not one hundred percent able to hold his own bottles -- though he tries. This great neoprene cover not only keeps liquids warm or cool, but it has handles to help baby hold onto their bottle. Just like the collar on the bottle itself, the sleeve is able to be used on a range of other Green Sprouts products from the bottles to sports bottles and more.
In typical Green Sprouts fashion, every last aspect of this bottle is wonderful. The glass base is petroleum free and the anti-colic nipple is hypoallergenic silicone. Another thing that makes these bottles great is the green collar which allows the bottle top to be interchangeable with other Green Sprouts bottles. Something I've noticed with other bottles on the market is that you have to get the tops and nipples that match a certain size or style bottle, so the fact that these are interchangeable was extremely impressive. These bottles come in 2 ounces, 4 ounces and 9 ounces -- all with interchangeable tops and nipples.
My only regret is that I haven't been using these bottles since Ethan was born. I absolutely love them. There's nothing more important to me than keeping Ethan safe from harmful chemicals and Green Sprouts make it easy and fun to keep your household green and healthy.
Ethan is smiling because starting tomorrow, it's goodbye to all of our plastic bottles and hello to these wonderful glass bottles by Green Sprouts.
HOW TO BUY: Visit iPlay & Green Sprouts online to start shopping! Enter code IPJA12 upon check-out to receive 20% off of Green Sprouts bottles and i-Play Organically Grown layette items!
Want to try one of these awesome bottles? The great people at Green Sprouts are offering one of my readers the chance to win one of their glass bottles! This giveaway is open to US/Canada residents and closes on 1/22/12 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
MANDATORY ENTRY: Make sure your e-mail address is visible or included in your comment!
- You MUST be a follower of You Are The Roots on GFC (Google Friend Connect) to be eligible for entry! Leave me a comment to let me know you're following via GFC.
- Visit iPlay and Green Sprouts online and leave a comment with another product you'd like to try or something you learned!
BONUS ENTRIES: *Mandatory entry must be completed for these to count!
- Add iPlay on Facebook and leave me a comment with your name (first name, last initial) or URL so this can be verified.
- Leave iPlay a Facebook comment to thank them for the giveaway and leave me a comment with your name (first name, last initial) or URL so this can be verified!
- Like You Are The Roots on Facebook and leave me a comment with your name (first name, last initial) or URL so this can be verified!
- Follow iPlay on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter username so this can be verified.
- Tweet the following message (can be done once a day for one entry a day) and comment with the link to the tweet: #WIN @iplayinc Green Sprouts Glass Bottle US/CAN 1/22 tinyurl.com/7ubsjm3
- Vote for me on Picket Fence Blogs (look to the left to see the buttons) - counts as one entry, can be once a day. Leave me a comment to let me know you've voted!
- 2 Entries - Add You Are The Roots to your circles on Google+ and leave your name so this may be verified.
- 2 Entries - Share this giveaway on your Facebook (can be done once a day for one entry a day) and comment with the link!
- 5 Entries - Blog about this giveaway. Comment (one comment for each entry, 5 total) with a link to where I can find your blog entry.
- 5 Entries - Grab my button and comment (one comment for each entry, 5 total) with a link to where I can find it.